Six endorsed for Local School Council elections
33rd Ward Working Families is pleased to announce six endorsements for neighborhood Local School Council elections to be held April 13-14.
These six candidates, standing for positions at four schools, are running on a common education justice slate that includes demands for fully funded public schools, an end to charter expansion, an elected school board, and respect for immigrant and refugee students. These candidates will be strong advocates for their schools within their LSCs and in the fight for broader education policy whose consequences are felt at the school level.
- Samay Gheewala, community representative, Henry Elementary
- Janet Meegan, parent representative, Linne Elementary
- Steve Spagnolo. community representative, Albany Park Multicultural Academy
- Jose Munoz, community representative, Roosevelt High School
- Alondra Ramos, student representative, Roosevelt High School
- Bobby Grant, parent representative, Roosevelt High School
Elections will be held Wednesday, April 13 for elementary schools and Thursday, April 14 for high schools. Votes may be cast at the school during report card pickup.